Smooth 'N Shine Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer Review






Since I am a BzzAgent I was given the Smooth 'N Shine Keratin Power Hair Tamer kit to try and review. This product claims that it is 5 times less damaging than a relaxer and the results are temporary, lasting only 6 weeks or 5 washes. I think this product is marketed for those of us who don't want a relaxer but still want smooth and manageable hair. Since I don't straighten my hair I asked my mom if I could try this on her hair. My mom has been natural (no relaxer) almost her whole life but straightens her hair regularly, this seem like the perfect product for her. (you can watch a this VIDEO for the full instructions) 


The first step is to wash but don't condition your hair
My mom's natural hair texture

Then apply the protein smoothing treatment to hair and allow to process for 20 minutes
This is my mom's hair after the protein treatment has been applied and combed through the hair

After the protein treatment was rinsed out we applied the neutralizing milk and let that sit for 10 minutes 
as you can see the hair texture is already different from the before picture 

Then I used a blow dryer and flat iron for the finished results 


I will honestly say that after we were done rinsing out the protein treatment me and my mom were worried because her hair looked just like she had a relaxer.But once we were finished with the whole process we both loved the results. Her hair was much easier to blow dry and flatiron and there wasn't and breakage of her hair. I think my mother will purchase this product again. Do I think that this is for someone who wears their hair curly 100% of the time? No, but I do wish this was around when I had relaxed hair because I think this is a great alternative.




















Comments

  1. its a low level relaxer. i researched this and found its sold in the uk as got2b play it straight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Puffs Fresh Faces Review and Giveaway

Rodan + Fields REDEFINE and ACUTE CARE review

I'm stressed so............(GIVEAWAY)