Curly Girl Method?

Before I started blogging or even stopped relaxing my hair I picked up Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey. I remember that I didn't even read the book. I just popped in the DVD that was included and thinking "this seems like it wouldn't work for me". Now a few years later after seeing this book mentioned countless times on YouTube I pulled it out and actually read it. The book is a guide to the Curly Girl Method (or C.G. Method) and it gives you the steps to obtain beautiful curls. The main points of the book are to stop using shampoo, silicone in hair products, combs, brushes, and flat irons. Now the part I am having a hard time with is the no silicones. After looking at the products I use quite a few of them contain some form of silicone. The book states that silicones coat the hair and don't allow moisture to get in, and that the only way to remove silicones are with shampoo which is a major no no because it is drying to the hair. I want to give the C.G. method a shot but I hate to stop using products that I love. I did however pick up the DevaCurl Hydration starter kit at Ulta, which is a line of products created by Lorriane Massey.  I will keep you posted on if I start the C.G. Method and if I like the DevaCurl products. XOXO!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puffs Fresh Faces Review and Giveaway

Rodan + Fields REDEFINE and ACUTE CARE review

I'm stressed so............(GIVEAWAY)